Monday, January 31, 2011

crazed Indiana shoppers

Today was INSANE at the grocery store. I went to Meijer's and thought I would be done in 20 minutes. Not so my friends. This was definitely worse than shopping during the holidays. On my list of groceries was milk and Meijer had NO milk. Not even the kinds I dislike.

After finally getting out of Meijer, I decided I should use my WIC check at Kroger's instead so I could get milk there. I don't like shopping at this particular Kroger's because it is extremely crowded on any given day but just like Meijer's it too was more over crowded than usual. "what.is.the.deal?" I kept thinking to myself.

Finally while standing in the checkout line I started talking with some other women and placed my suspicions on it being so crowded due to the super bowl this Sunday. All three women left their carts and came closer to me and said, "Oh no dear. It's because of the weather". I should have known.

People out East tend to freak out about the weather, in my opinion. This is supposed to be a pretty bad storm though so I guess they have good reason. I'm glad I finished all the shopping at least and hopefully I don't go into labor the next few days! Below is the report from FOX News.
Winter storm warning issued for Central Indiana

The National Weather Service has upgraded Central Indiana to a Winter Storm Warning starting at 7 p.m. Monday through 7 p.m. Wednesday.
NWS is calling the impending storm "potentially catastrophic" for our area. Roads will likely become impassable due to heavy snow or icing, depending on where you are. Blowing snow will reduce visibility and power outages are likely.
The Indianapolis area will see about a half inch of snow but more than an inch and a half of ice will coat the metro area over the next 48 hours. Areas between Indianapolis and Lafayette could see snow totals greater than 15 inches

3 comments:

  1. That weather report is FUNNY. Potentially catastrophic=half an inch of snow?? Really I hope it isn't bad though... especially while you are about to deliver. Good luck! I hope your mom will be able to get there safely and in time for little Sam to arrive! Love you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Bre! I hope you don't go into labor until things calm down, either...... sounds like it will be crazy enough as it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the exact same experiance yesterday. Bunker down... I hear it's suppose to be bad!
    Ps email me your email address and I'll add you to our safe list on our blog. Sorry for blog stocking you, I got it from abby's blog! Jacks@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete