Before we left Utah Colin, Jamie and the girls came to visit and it was so nice to finally meet Maybelle! She is adorable and made me excited about having a baby soon! Bryce and I found out I am pregnant while the Kent's were visiting and we really wanted to tell the whole family while every one was there so we announced it on the night we were celebrating Colin's birthday. Sorry Colin! Presley was the cutest thing ever as usual. She found a new game to play with me and Bryce. She would say, "Bryce come get me", or "Be mean Bryce" and then she would jump in my arms yelling, "Run Brenana" and we would run away from Bryce while she screamed with delight! She was also very proud of her PEZ collection which she took everywhere in her purse.We love you guys and miss you!
We had a going away party for Bryce with his friends about a week before we left. It meant a lot to Bryce to see them and it was fun to hang out for a couple hours. The boys left after the BBQ to play basketball so Nina, Ali and I sat around the kitchen table and talked about our husbands...jk. It was nice to spend time with the girls!
We went to the driving range with Mom, Sara and Alyssa. I hit a few good ones which I was proud of considering golf is not my favorite sport! It was really hot but we enjoyed the time together. I liked driving the golf cart more than golfing.
Thanks again to everyone who came to help us pack! We couldn't have done it without you. The drive really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Bryce was really annoyed with the side mirror on his door because it would turn completely away from him as soon as the truck started moving. He would have to manually roll down his window to adjust the mirror every time he wanted to change lanes. The last hour of driving that first day was the toughest part but we stayed at a nice hotel and got some good sleep then drove the last 5 hours the next day from Iowa City to Indianapolis!
Happy 4th of July! We drove halfway to downtown and sat in the back of our car as we watched the fireworks being shot of one of the tallest buildings in the city. We had some lovely graffiti to look at while we waited for the show to begin as well.
JULY 22 Happy Birthday Jamie and Bryce! Jamie we hope you had a fantastic birthday! We got you a card but then I have no idea where Bryce put it. We will just have to send you a really belated birthday card! We love you! So I decided to make this cake for the second time in my life for Bryce's big day. The first time I made it was for Sue's 50th and it didn't turn out so pretty (sorry again Sue for that ugly gray cake). My mom is always a lifesaver and walked me through the part I messed up on last time so it turned out perfect! It was so huge I couldn't fit the lid on the cake platter. Bryce got tickets to the Jack Johnson concert from my family so we went to that the weekend of his birthday. It was such an awesome concert and we are so grateful we were able to go. Thanks mom and dad!
Last of all I thought I would just show you how much effort Bryce is putting into making a good life for us. Look at him all cute and tired from studying so much. I am so grateful for all you do for me Bryce! Love you!
We are really enjoying our life in Indiana! We live by several other dental students and really love our ward. It felt like home the first day we arrived. My pregnancy is going well. I have my first doctor's appointment finally scheduled in mid August. I am pretty certain I am about 9 weeks and I feel great!! We love and miss all of you!
wow, bre- what an update!!! good luck in indiana and congrats on your pregnancy!!! how exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Breanna! Im so excited for you and can't wait for you to have your baby!! How exciting to get to live somewhere far away and new for a while, we are grateful we got the opportunity to live in Texas for a few years, it has been a blast. And after 8 years of school Aaron is finally graduating in two weeks!! I promise Breanna it goes way fast! I remember people telling us that when Aaron first started and thinking "yeah right!" But it really does go fast. Im glad I got to see you at Christmas before you moved. Love you! Hugs :)
ReplyDeleteyeah so excited for you! being a mom is the best!!! glad you got moved and life us good for you!!!
ReplyDeleteyAY!! I'm so glad you guys love your new life in Indiana!! You look so great and so happy! Love you!!
ReplyDelete