Friday, September 4, 2009

Mexico

We went to Akumal, Mexico on August 15th for a week and had a wonderful time together. It was sort of a late honeymoon/vacation before the fall semester of school started. I was really excited to go since I have never been to Mexico before and it did not disappoint. First of all, on our flight down we somehow scored first class tickets. Bryce thinks I showed some skin to the guy at the ticket desk. It was a good flight and immediately when walking off the plane my hair started to frizz due to the humidity. Oh the joys of curly hair. We picked up our rental car and drove to our condo which is right on the beach.
I am used to San Diego and the cold ocean water (not that I have anything against San Diego, I love it there) so when I walked out into the water the first time in Mexico I was surprised how warm it was. When I first walked out onto the beach it felt like I was stepping onto a ton of cooked Malt O Meal. I love the sand there! Everything was a new experience, except the Magnum ice cream bars which I used to eat in Ecuador. We ate one every night for dessert. We had the chance to go to Tulum as well and walk around the ancient ruins there. It was a neat experience and in a way spiritual when looking at the temples they had built.
Besides going to Tulum Bryce and I slept in late, watched TV and layed out on the beach everyday. We went snorkling and followed a turtle around for awhile. I would get a little nervous when Bryce would take me directly over the coral which would make me accidentally somehow suck water down the pipe and come up gasping for air. It was still a neat experince though. I enjoyed every minute of our trip and cannot wait to visit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment