Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lesson of the day

I did not pack myself a lunch today so after school I decided to hurry over to Wendy's and grab something from the drive in. I ordered a jr bacon cheeseburger and a small Dr Pepper. After driving away from the window I noticed that my drink was a medium and not a small. I thought, "Oh well! Just more deliciousness for me!". When I arrived at work I had a lot to carry in with me and so I set my drink on top of my car to get the keys out of my purse. In a split second from the time I let go of my drink and looked down I thought someone had thrown a bucket of ice on top of my head. It took me a minute to realize what had happened. My medium Dr Pepper had fallen off the roof of my car and had drenched me from head to foot. I was standing in a puddle of ice and soda, the lid to my drink was stuck to the window of my car and I was laughing. I could not believe it! Right away I climbed back into my car and wiped the DP and mascara off my face as much as I could with a napkin from Wendy's. My eyebrows were starting to feel stiff and I realized that I had soda in my shoes as well. I decided the best thing would be to call in to work and let them know I wouldn't be coming in. On my way home to take a shower I was laughing still and so I called Bryce at his work to tell him the news. He laughed as well.
Lesson of the day: if you get a medium Dr Pepper when you ordered a small, be extra careful when you set it on top of your car! Better yet, just set it on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment