Monday, February 20, 2012

Sam's 1st Birthday

One year ago, on February 15, Sam was born at 3:46 pm. I couldn't have imagined how this little guy would bring so much joy and love into my life. When I think back on that day it always brings the spirit into my heart as I remember thinking about my loving heavenly Father, who sent this sweet baby boy into my life and trusted me to take care of him. Sam has made me feel so proud to be a mother and at the same time I have never felt so inadequate in my life. He always makes everyday worth waking up to and can always put a smile on my face. I love you Sammy. With all my heart, forever.

February 15, 2012
1 year old.

 Birthday PJ's.




Hanging out with mom.


 Some new clothes from Grandma Sue and Poppy.

 This is what he thinks he's supposed to do with clothes...throw them.



Dump truck from Grandpa Tycksen and Grandma Kim.


February 18, 2012
Sam's Birthday Party.

Sam had a poop explosion right before his party started so that was fun.
friends: Aaralyn and TJ. Sienna, Scarlett, and Maack.


Thanks to the Henricksen's and Westover's for coming to Sam's party! We loved having you.
Thanks for all of Sam's presents. He loves them!

Some after party fun.

5 comments:

  1. I love his hair! He is rocking his cute little mohawk! Happy Birthday sweet Sammy! His party looks like it was so much fun! I love all of his decorations. Congrats Bryce and Bre for making it through the first year! You guys are such great parents, and Sammy is the happiest little boy ever, you can just tell by looking at his little face, even in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your first paragraph! That makes me so excited to have a little boy too! I can't believe he's already one! His party looked so cute... did you make the hanging paper lantern decorations?? They are DARLING!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, yes I made the tissue paper pom-poms. I found the tutorial here: http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/tissue-paper-pom-poms-how-to#slide_1. They are pretty easy. You will love having a boy! They are so fun. I'm so excited for you!

      Delete
  3. I love all of these pictures. It melts my heart to see him so happy. He is such a beautiful boy and I'm so hapy he's part of our family. By the way, you decorated so cute. Everything looks really good. Glad it turned out to be a good day!

    ReplyDelete