Yesterday morning before the game we were able to go do some service with our stake and several other stakes. Our ward was in charge of clearing out a forest. I mean seriously. We took out so many dead trunks and vines that were growing out of control and other trees that the park wanted removed. It was crazy how much we removed. I don't think the maintenance staff thought we would get out as much as we did in such a short amount of time. That's the church for you. The wood chipper couldn't keep up with us and eventually we had to stop because we ran out of room. It was a great experience.
We left around 11:40 AM and decided to get something to eat at The Pancake House. As I was looking at the menu EVERYTHING sounded delicious. I didn't realize I was so hungry while we were at the park.
By the time our food came out I was not even thinking about my manners and probably looked ravenous as I ate my pancakes, omelet and bacon...and some of Bryce's french toast. Ok, we shared everything but it was a lot of food. yummy food. I can't stop thinking about it actually and I don't know if it's because I was so hungry or if it was really that delicious. We didn't even talk while we ate and I am sure the old man sitting at the booth across from us wasn't staring because he liked my BYU shirt. He must have been appauled at the sight of us.
Wish I had a picture to share with you but we were too busy eating.
No comments:
Post a Comment