Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas is Coming the Goose is Getting Fat, Please Put a Penny in the Old Man's Hat.

I love the holiday season. Even with the cold weather and all the of hustle and bustle that comes with it, there is always such a great spirit to be felt. Bryce and I have talked about the different traditions each of our families have and what one's we would like to incorporate into our little family. We have already set some in place and are excited for Christmas day.
On December first we decorated our Christmas tree which Bryce's brother, Dave, so graciously let us borrow. Mom gave me some old decorations for the tree. We had to first remove all of the leftover tinsel which Dave left on it :) and then Bryce was able to put the lights on followed by the lovely decorating skills by me. We love our little tree!
We also made a gingerbread train set that night, which was actually a gift I gave Bryce last year as part of his twelve days of Christmas. So we finally put it together with the hardened frosting and stale candy. It's quite the masterpiece if I may say so myself.
Bryce has said to me that it is a great thing to give but more importantly we need to receive of Christ's love. So amid all of your Christmas shopping and giving of gifts, don't forget to take in His spirit and His love this season, as it will bless your life and help you keep on giving to all of those around you.


































2 comments:

  1. Oh cute! I love christmas time too, and we put up our little tree and love it...just because it is our tree! Can we get together soon for a holiday dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Bryce wearing shiny dress pants in that picture by the tree?? Tell him that Dave must be wearing off on him. I love your little tree too. Your gingerbread train looks delicious even if it is a year old... You better put that thing away if I come to your house while I am in town, I may take a bite out of it..that's right, just adding to my pregnant cheeks huh Bryce?! We have a mini tree too, and I still haven't put it up yet. I'm just so sick of unpacking boxes...poor Presley, she will just have to wait till we visit Grandma to have a tree. We did put lights on our house though, so we are not complete slackers. Oh my heck I can't wait to see you guys soon!!

    ReplyDelete