There is a bit of a rivalry going on in our home. I knew it would be an issue once a year but I did not think it would be this hard. You see, I am a BYU fan. Bryce is a Utah fan. I'm a BYU daddy's girl. I go out and help my dad sabotage all the yards of our Utah fan neighbors every year in the fabulous colors of blue and white. I've known ever since I could say "Go Cougars" that Blue and Red just don't mix but thought I could make it work when I married a huge U fan. I have tried to be supportive of his fetish. Give a little cheer when they make a three pointer at the basketball games. Stand up and slap hands with U fans when there is a touchdown. I have even gone to such lengths as to wear a Utah shirt at one of their games (only with the agreement that Bryce would wear BLUE at the BYU game). After all of this I feel there is a lot of hostility from the U fan at home towards the Cougars. I think I will have to teach him a lesson in a couple weeks when our two beloved teams come together again to battle it out. Or maybe just leave a little love note for him.

Hahaha...I am in the same boat, except I married a BYU fan! It really has caused fights between us! Victory will be mine when we beat them in a month...
ReplyDelete"Dear Bre, I am sorry you are going to loose! Can we still be friends?"
Dear Sis,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that the Utes are ranked 14th, and the Cougs aren't even in the top 25...I'm even sorrier that you have to watch the "Big Game" with my family...get ready for some brawls. Just be comforted with the knowledge that Colin will be the only one on your side, and he can be tough...but thats only 2 against the 6 of us, 7 if you count Presley. It could get nasty! I hope it doesn't cause a rift in your marriage, because besides you being a BYU fan, I really love and adore you.
love,
jamie